-
February 24th, 2004, 09:17 PM
#331
Inactive Member
Sorry pete, I completely misread what you originally said about drop the cymbals and bass drum. Now I understand. Thanks. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
February 24th, 2004, 09:42 PM
#332
Inactive Member
No prob, Rudy.
I have the feeling you are
going to kick my butt right
out of this thread, Rudy!
[img]wink.gif[/img]
Wow! I just noticed that it
has over 9000 hits! Wow!
Well, it should. We should
actually have no problem
getting up to 20,000, ex-
changing ideas and helping
each other!
It's also great attaching
the sounds with the words.
Kill me, Rudy!!
[img]cool.gif[/img]
-
February 24th, 2004, 10:12 PM
#333
Inactive Member
Lol pete, I ain't about to kick anyones butt. If I lived in USA, I would come over for lessons from you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 24, 2004 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Rudy_Ment ]</font>
-
February 24th, 2004, 10:26 PM
#334
Inactive Member
Rudy,
Consider the teacher, Conexion
Latina and Eddie Palmieri.
They showed me a new world. You
are going to sound better than
me on these tracks! You wait
and see!
The fun is only JUST beginning!
[img]cool.gif[/img]
-
February 24th, 2004, 10:30 PM
#335
Inactive Member
Hey peter, do you have any latin roots??
I'am just curious...
-
February 24th, 2004, 10:59 PM
#336
Inactive Member
My parents are from the Dominican
Republic but I was born in NYC and
while I have family etc. I was not
into the Latin music scene at all,
until a couple of years ago, when
I started to listen to Eddie Palm-
ieri and that started it all.
When I was younger, I wanted to be
a ball-player, like every Dominin-
ican. It's true! An injury changed
that but interestingly enough, it
was an injury that led to my play-
ing open (leading with my left-
hand) and what I found was this
facility for Latin - at least in
my mind. I don't think it's that
I have 'the blood' or something
like that but some people think
it matters. Honestly, I think that
anyone can do it and I am just
starting all this. This kick is
only a couple years old.
[img]cool.gif[/img]
-
February 24th, 2004, 11:55 PM
#337
Inactive Member
I used to live in Washington heights in NYC. Lot's of Dominicans there, although you certainly don't look like them at all..... [img]confused.gif[/img]
-
February 25th, 2004, 12:59 AM
#338
Inactive Member
There are the Euro-strain and
the Haitian strain, Manu. Maybe
you knew the Haitians.
I actually look pretty Dominican,
by the standard. You should see
my extended family. My father is
one of 20 children, by the same
mom. Yup. That's right!
[img]cool.gif[/img]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 24, 2004 10:59 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>
-
February 25th, 2004, 01:47 AM
#339
Inactive Member
20! wow [img]eek.gif[/img]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 24, 2004 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Rudy_Ment ]</font>
-
February 25th, 2004, 03:11 AM
#340
Inactive Member
I have stories you would not
believe but that's digressing.
How about the next take of the
grooving "Zapata", Rudy?! I'm
dying to hear it.
Take each section, all of it,
step by step. Actually, just
from what I have heard thus
far, you are doing just that.
I like that a lot. That's how
you get things down quick. I
have found that it really is
an aid to compartmentalize
what we hear - separating it
and evaluating the difficulty.
Before you know it, you're
flying through tunes like
Dennis does. These tunes can
help you do that more and
more, Rudy.
You can tell that I'm excited
for you. Go for it!
[img]cool.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks